Licensed Virtual Assistant
Based in: Newcastle
Georgia studied Marketing Management at Northumbria University in Newcastle and graduated in 2018 with a first class honours degree. During her time at university, she spent a year in industry working as a Marketing Assistant for a successful travel company based in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.
Upon returning to university to complete final year, Georgia knew she wanted to continue to further her work experience and keep herself integrated within the business world. To do this she secured an internship at Saddle Skedaddle with office views to die for, right on the water’s edge of the River Tyne in Newcastle City Centre, where she worked to assist the small marketing team with a variety of different exciting projects. Strong time management and organisation skills enabled her to graduate with a first class honours degree in Marketing Management whilst also continuing with the internship.
Following graduation, Georgia secured a fantastic opportunity to work for London based Private Members Club, Pi Capital. An exclusive organisation that convenes extraordinary events with the world’s most sought-after speakers. Gaining an insight into the world of events planning and management at such an elite top level for a year was a truly eye-opening experience. However, she soon realised that London was not the place for her, so she continued to work for Pi remotely from home in Newcastle which sparked her initial interest and passion for home working.
6 months back in an office environment and Georgia craved the freedom of being independent and working to your own schedule. Being a Virtual Assistant was the perfect opportunity to fulfil her dream of owning her own business and provide support to small local businesses. Georgia has a passion for marketing, social media and blogging as they are a fantastic way of raising the profile of a business whilst also injecting personality into the brand. She can also offer services in events planning and management, admin, email management, research projects and much more.
I am based in Gosforth, 3 miles outside of Newcastle City Centre. I am currently working with clients based in Gosforth, Newcastle, Gateshead and Ireland! It is great to meet clients in person but webchats are great for those working from further afield.
- I really pride myself on my organisation skills, always being able to prioritise the most important tasks to be completed each working day.
- Time management skills are vital for this job. I make sure to plan and structure my day in a way that enables me to maximise my time in the most efficient way possible to ensure I stay on top of my workload.
- Communication, is the key to success when working virtually. Keeping in regular contact with your clients via email or phone calls is so important to make sure you keep each other “in the loop”.
- Listen up! Being able to really listen and hear the needs of your clients is a skill I personally love to put into practice. Small business owners have fascinating stories to tell and taking the time to listen to them gives me a greater understanding of how I can cater to their wants and needs.
- Having a first class honors degree in Marketing Management definitely comes in handy! The rise in social media, especially Instagram has given small businesses a place to showcase their products and services as well as voice to interact with consumers. Managing these platforms can be tricky so having such a strong marketing background is very beneficial when helping clients to navigate them.
- Getting the job done…successfully! I am huge people pleaser, always striving for perfection to meet and exceed expectations. I always want to ensure my clients are happy with the work I produce.
Star Sign: Scorpio
"You’ve been so lovely to work with! As my first experience using a VA, I wasn’t sure what to expect from the process, but you made it so easy. Thank you for taking these tasks off my plate to allow me to focus on growing my business!"
Edel Hayes, Accelerate Accounting Solutions
"Georgia worked with Pi Capital as Events Assistant from August 2018 to July 2019, initially at our office in London and then remotely from her home in Newcastle. Pi Capital is an exceptionally busy membership-based events organization that hosts in excess of 70 events per year with an events team staff of just 2 people. It was therefore essential that we were able to count on Georgia for accuracy, timeliness and reliability from the outset. She did not disappoint us. Not only was she always willing to help out but she was also a fast learner (including in technical aspects of coding and managing the CRM database) who quickly stepped up to carry the lion’s share of the burden on the administrative side of events (registering guests, sending reconfirmations, creating invitations, etc.). Georgia is a great team player and I would not hesitate to recommend her for any job going forward."
Diana Fox Carney, Executive Director, Pi Capital
Projects I'm currently working on for my clients…
- Creating Instagram graphics using Canva and also writing the accompanying captions for main grid posts
- Competitor research
- Website updates and copywriting
- Email management to organise and clear out a very cluttered inbox
- Updating Pintrest account with new images
- Systems research project
Bachelor of Arts with First Class Honours in Marketing Management